Baltimore Bays Chelsea FC Invitational
August 11-13, 2012
Featuring 22 state-of-the-art fields at the Maryland SoccerPlex
The tournament is open to League and Premier teams. RECREATIONAL TEAMS AND PLAYERS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE. Acceptance will based on Division Level, Tournament Results, State Cup, Regional and National Results, Geographic Location and if necessary, timeliness of application and payment.
USYS Sanctioned Tournament - The BBCFC Invitational is a USYS-sanctioned tournament through the Maryland State Youth Soccer Association (MSYSA). All teams must be affiliated with either USYS or US Club Soccer and must be in good standing. Age Group divisions are for the 2012/2013 seasonal year.
US Club Soccer - US Club Soccer teams are invited to apply.
Application and Fees - a separate online application for each team must be submitted by July 15, 2012 along with full payment. Entry fees are:
• $695 for U09-U12 (7v7/8v8)
• $895 for U12+ (11v11)
Fees may be paid online with MasterCard or VISA or by e-Check. FEES MUST ACCOMPANY APPLICATION!
An administrative fee of $50.00 will be charged to teams withdrawing prior to acceptance. Teams withdrawing after acceptance will not receive a refund.
Tournament Cancellation Policy - In the event the entire tournament is cancelled, the tournament policy is to refund entry fees after all incurred costs are covered.
• U09-10 (7v7), maximum of 14 players
• U11-U12 (8v8), maximum of 14 players
• U12-15 (11v11), maximum of 18 players
• U16-19, maximum of 22 players
Guest Player Policy
• No more than 5 guest players per team within maximum roster size
Length of Games
• U09-U11 – 50 minutes
• U12-U14 – 60 minutes
• U15-U19 – 70 minutes
• All teams are guaranteed 3 games. Championship games are played. Qualifying matches will be played on Saturday and Sunday. Some age groups may have games played on Monday. Individual player trophies will be presented to all champions and finalists.
• All games shall be played in accordance with FIFA Laws, except as specifically modified by Tournament Rules
• A complete set of rules is posted on the tournament website
• USSF three man referee system will be used for all U12 through U19 games (11v11 format)
• One referee will be used for U09-12 (7v7 and 8v8 format)
• Team registration will be held at the Maryland SoccerPlex. Times and dates will be forthcoming.
• Certified 2012/2013 rosters, player passes, NON-notarized medical release forms and Maryland SoccerPlex waivers will be checked/collected at this time.
• Permission to Travel forms will also be checked (only teams from NJ, CT or outside Region I need permission to travel forms).
• All players must have a player pass for 2012/2013 approved by a duly authorized registrar of their state association or US Club Soccer.
Out-of-state teams requiring overnight hotel accommodations are required to make their reservations thru the Conference and Visitors Bureau of Montgomery County. This will ensure that teams receive the highest quality service during the tournament. Please go to the link on the tournament website to make reservations.